News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Eoo3: Programmable Looper/Switcher/Midi Controller

Started by Marshall Arts, November 01, 2018, 01:54:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marshall Arts

Updated Post as I ran out of enclosures AND German Post changed their conditions:

PCBs:
The set of 6 PCB's for the looper will include:
- 15 Jack PCBs (on a v-slotted board, you only need 8 of them)
- 8 Loop Button PCBs (on a v-slotted board, you need all 8 of them)
- 10 Preset Button PCBs (on a v-slotted board, you only need 7 of them)
- 1 Control Board (for the Arduino Nano, the Shift registers, the Power connection, Midi in and out and the Button connections)
- 1 Spillover Board (for Amp Switching and Spillover Loops seven and eight)
- 1 Relay Board (for the Input Buffer, Loops 1-6, send/return)
- 12 Distance rings for the PCBs
25,- EUR

Shipping and packaging (EU): 5€
Shipping and packaging (Non-EU): 9€

If you want to get one set, here is the link to the preorder-thread: http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=29576.msg286399#msg286399

Marshall Arts

Quote from: BaklavaMetal on April 05, 2019, 02:04:29 PM
Great work!
I'm at the beginning of a similar project, will probably steal some of your ideas :)

Sure, go ahead! If it is arduino-based, you can get my code as well (open source). Start a thread about your project, after Eoo3 kept me busy for almost half a year now, I want to see other's people blood, sweat and tears ;-)

Marshall Arts

Sneak preview to the build instructions is here. 29 pages already, including many pictures, still some work to do!

Marshall Arts

The documentation (and source code) is growing, so here is the link for the complete folder (many documents still in progress, but the build doc will be good enough to build your own by the end of the week)!

gordo

Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Marshall Arts

Quote from: gordo on April 11, 2019, 06:31:44 PM
I can start hoarding parts.

Yes you can. The build doc is finalized in Version 1 (read on...)

Concerning the documentation, I would love to try something new: Obviously, I am not a native speaker, and obviously, being the designer of the Eoo3, my build and use instructions might be sub-ideal for builders, who don't know all the details of this design by heart. This being said, I had the idea to write the documentation completely in google docs and I would open this up to anybody, who would like to contribute to improve it language and content-with the target to optimize the building experience.

Would you like to contribute? Than PM me, please!

Marshall Arts

Thanks, Timko and Gordo for offering to collaborate. I suggest you focus on the build instructions document, I will continue to write the operation manual which you could review afterwards ;-)

I already created an overview of the functions for the user guide:

Marshall Arts

Quote from: artstomp on April 04, 2019, 03:06:44 PM
I definitely will grab a set of the Eoo3 boards!...i noticed the 5v relays used are different from Linda.

Hi artstomp - I tried to send you a PM, but the forum says your inbox is full ;-)

Please drop your name in the preorder list (and maybe empty your inbox): http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=29576.msg286399#msg286399

Thanks!!

Timko

Quote from: Marshall Arts on April 13, 2019, 01:20:05 AM
Thanks, Timko and Gordo for offering to collaborate. I suggest you focus on the build instructions document, I will continue to write the operation manual which you could review afterwards ;-)

I have some free time this weekend and plan to start going through the document paragraph by paragraph. 

Marshall Arts

Quote from: Timko on April 19, 2019, 09:02:34 AM
Quote from: Marshall Arts on April 13, 2019, 01:20:05 AM

I have some free time this weekend and plan to start going through the document paragraph by paragraph.
Thanks,... I am sure, there are some Easter eggs in it :-)

gordo

And I'm outta town to spend a few days with friends and then back at it Sunday night so I'll have some time this coming week.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Marshall Arts

Quote from: gordo on April 19, 2019, 05:08:56 PM
And I'm outta town to spend a few days with friends and then back at it Sunday night so I'll have some time this coming week.
Great! Please try, if you have access already :-)

Timko

I just finished my suggested revisions.

For anyone attempting this build, a protip:

Read the entire build doc first.  All 47 pages of it.  Then read it again.  It's dense and has lots of steps, but MA did a good job of breaking it all down.

Marshall Arts

Thanks a lot, Timko! I will go through it the next days and also finish the owner manual. I know, it's a lot, but it's also a bit more complicated than a tube screamer :-) ...

Marshall Arts

My new board, build around the Eoo3:

- 1 Loop (Queen of Bone)
- 2 Amp Switch functions (Channel and Boost)
- 5 digital effects controlled via midi (Delay, Reverb, 2x Modulation, Master Volume Boost)

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=18908.msg287431#msg287431