News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Nucleon Liquid Eternity Chorus

Started by johno9, November 04, 2018, 11:17:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johno9

I built the chorus with two mods: vibe mod (eliminates the dry signal) and LFO speed mod (1u cap in parallel with C27 on the oscillator). The pedal works well except for a low level "clicking" sound, which I think is from the oscillator. I replaced the two wires to the switch and capacitor with a shielded pair but to no effect.
Before I go further with shielding possibilities, I was hoping someone may have experience with this and remedies.

gordo

You may find that shielding the switch has the effect of broadcasting the ticking.  Does it tick without the mod?  You could try using normal wire and twisting it and then using the shielded cable on the input, output, or both.  Connect the shield at one end only.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

johno9

Thanks for the reply. With the switch disconnected there is no clicking. I'll work on your suggestions for wiring revisions.

Rockhorst

Hope some Liquid Eternity alumni can chime in to solve the ticking problem. I also am really interested so that I can update the build doc and helper future builders. I believe that there have been builds with a vibe mod without the ticking.

johno9

The clicking issue is resolved. With gordo's suggestion, I used twisted wires from the pcb at C27 to the switch and additional 1uf cap. But I also ran the wires elevated from the board and in a different routing than previous.
Rutger, this issue was unrelated to the vibe mod. The additional cap, switch, and wiring was to change the LFO speed.
Thanks

Rockhorst

Glad to read it all worked out :) Thanks to Gordo as well :)

gordo

Awesome, I'm glad that worked out.  If you get into amp building you get used to the fact that sometimes moving a wire a 1/4" or twisting it a little tighter makes all the difference in the world.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?