News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Bag Balm Boost

Started by Bandersnatch, November 05, 2018, 01:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bandersnatch

I thought using a tin would be a cool idea. I am curious if this has been done already? Search function doesn't seem to work for me here. The circuit is a PNP Boost from 99ZuluFX. I reinforced the lid with 12g aluminum plate I think the tin is a little too thin  by it self to be stomping on all the time. I Used sockets for the transistor. I have been having fun changing them out and listening for the differences.

"To defy the laws of tradition is a crusade only of the brave"
Les.

EBK

Nice braiding on that wire, and nice knob choice.

Orienting the pedal diagonally for some reason reminded me of the controls for Q*bert on the Atari 2600.  Probably just me.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

mjg

Cool.  Yeah I also do builds in tins sometimes, and I've seen others do it occasionally.  That's a good idea to put some aluminium under the top, to stop if flexing.  I usually just put some stiff foam under the stomp switch to try to hold it still when pressed. 

Anyway, looks good!

mjg

Oh, and what is 'Bag balm' anyway?  Something made from cow and raspberry if the lid is anything to go by?  ;)

somnif

Quote from: mjg on November 05, 2018, 01:35:35 PM
Oh, and what is 'Bag balm' anyway?  Something made from cow and raspberry if the lid is anything to go by?  ;)

It was initially created to be used on cow udders (they get sore during milking), hence "bag", but has since been transitioned into a general skin moisturizer, used on any dry or chapped skin.

ahiddentableau

Quote from: EBK on November 05, 2018, 04:40:52 AM
Nice braiding on that wire, and nice knob choice.

Orienting the pedal diagonally for some reason reminded me of the controls for Q*bert on the Atari 2600.  Probably just me.

I don't think that would have occured to me without your prompting, but now that you mention it...yes, I see it!  I think the colours have something to do with it, too.  All that bright green.

Congrats on the build, B.

Bandersnatch

Thanks for all the kind words guys. I had to up my wire game from the last build I posted. That one was kind embarrassing. This is my 4th build.
"To defy the laws of tradition is a crusade only of the brave"
Les.