Author Topic: Bag Balm Boost  (Read 231 times)

Bandersnatch

• Diode Destroyer
    • View Profile
Bag Balm Boost
« on: November 05, 2018, 03:32:04 AM »
I thought using a tin would be a cool idea. I am curious if this has been done already? Search function doesn't seem to work for me here. The circuit is a PNP Boost from 99ZuluFX. I reinforced the lid with 12g aluminum plate I think the tin is a little too thin  by it self to be stomping on all the time. I Used sockets for the transistor. I have been having fun changing them out and listening for the differences.

"To defy the laws of tradition is a crusade only of the brave"
Les.

EBK

• Electron Doctor
  • Eric K.
    • View Profile
Re: Bag Balm Boost
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 06:40:52 AM »
Nice braiding on that wire, and nice knob choice.

Orienting the pedal diagonally for some reason reminded me of the controls for Q*bert on the Atari 2600.  Probably just me.
Not affiliated with Oatey, makers of the world's best and most delicious* low tar solder paste. Ask for Oatey -- It's the juiciest!

*Solder paste is not food.  If ingested, seek medical help promptly.

mjg

• Electron Doctor
  • Matt
    • View Profile
    • My pedal blog
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2018, 03:15:08 PM »
Cool.  Yeah I also do builds in tins sometimes, and I've seen others do it occasionally.  That's a good idea to put some aluminium under the top, to stop if flexing.  I usually just put some stiff foam under the stomp switch to try to hold it still when pressed. 

Anyway, looks good!

mjg

• Electron Doctor
  • Matt
    • View Profile
    • My pedal blog
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2018, 03:35:35 PM »
Oh, and what is 'Bag balm' anyway?  Something made from cow and raspberry if the lid is anything to go by?  ;)

somnif

• Electron Doctor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2018, 03:58:35 PM »
Oh, and what is 'Bag balm' anyway?  Something made from cow and raspberry if the lid is anything to go by?  ;)

It was initially created to be used on cow udders (they get sore during milking), hence "bag", but has since been transitioned into a general skin moisturizer, used on any dry or chapped skin.

ahiddentableau

• Stompbox Star
  • J
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2018, 04:10:29 PM »
Nice braiding on that wire, and nice knob choice.

Orienting the pedal diagonally for some reason reminded me of the controls for Q*bert on the Atari 2600.  Probably just me.

I don't think that would have occured to me without your prompting, but now that you mention it...yes, I see it!  I think the colours have something to do with it, too.  All that bright green.

Congrats on the build, B.

Bandersnatch

• Diode Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2018, 09:02:02 PM »
Thanks for all the kind words guys. I had to up my wire game from the last build I posted. That one was kind embarrassing. This is my 4th build.
"To defy the laws of tradition is a crusade only of the brave"
Les.