News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

going crazy over newbie 9v connection issue

Started by hot_rod, March 20, 2019, 10:02:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hot_rod

this is so easy I know but it's midnight on a long day filled with baseball drafts and other things. I am still new to pedals and I am confused about power.

For my other builds I was using Rullywow 3PDT breakout boards which have spare 9V slots on them and space to connect the power-in to the breakout board.

For this one I am using a 1776 PCB (Thunderbird) and a BLMS 3PDT breakout.
The 1776 board has just one 9V slot on the board, and the BLMS breakout has no visible power input and just one V+ spot on it.

MY QUESTION: How am I supposed to connect my 9V power from the DC power jack so that the pedal works and the LED is powered on the 3PDT board?

Do I pigtail two wires to the hot terminal on the DC, sending one to the 1776's '9V' and another to the 3PDT's 'V+'? I saw one wiring diagram online that seemed to indicate so (attached)

Do I even need to send power to the 3PDT breakout separately or can I ignore the V+ slot?

Thanks in advance!

mjg

Yep, you can just connect two wires to your DC positive terminal. 

I think you need the 9v + connection on the 3PDT board to make the LED glow. 

(As an aside, if you are new to pedal building, be aware that pedals are by convention centre negative on the DC jack, where as most other electronics are centre positive.  That's one that I only realised after building half a dozen!)

hot_rod