Zendrive
Super tube screamer
Aion fractal
Ego driver / ocd
King of tone
Brown betty
Bsiab/Diablo mash up
Ge7 (not in Looper)

Winner(s) will go back on my currently naked board...

jjjimi84

What kind of amp are you using to do the shoot out?

Marshall Arts

Quote from: jjjimi84 on November 10, 2018, 09:36:10 AM
Different amps, a matchless Spitfire clone, a Marshall silver jubilee and an engl ironball. My main amp is the engl, though, can't beat the weight/size/versatility and the clean channel is a great pedal platform.

jkokura

JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

somnif

All those options, and yet three of my favorites are missing.

Distortion may be a bit of a broad topic in the pedal world, huh.

(for the record those three are the Nobels ODR1, SHO, BMP - and ain't that last one a topic in and of itself!)

HamSandwich

Quote from: Marshall Arts on November 10, 2018, 10:09:02 AM
Different amps, a matchless Spitfire clone, a Marshall silver jubilee and an engl ironball. My main amp is the engl, though, can't beat the weight/size/versatility and the clean channel is a great pedal platform.

Yeeeeesssssss

gordo

Right?  And if you check out the video (there's a link on the site somewhere) for his Looper, and I think it may have been called the Linda Looper back then, there are some pretty tastey sound clips.

I'm looking forward to your opinion on this.  I fear that if any ten of us did the same we'd all come up different but it's always good to have some perspective with a reason behind it.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Willybomb

Putting money on the Zendrive being there.

cooder

This will be interesting, even though I agree we all would have different preferences. Still very keen to see what you come up with.
BigNoise Amplification

Marshall Arts

Quote from: HamSandwich on November 10, 2018, 02:06:11 PM
Quote from: Marshall Arts on November 10, 2018, 10:09:02 AM

Yeeeeesssssss

Especially for HamSandwich, here is a picture of the amp. It's actually an original, not a reissue. And it sounds wicked!

And here are the other two amps.

Have been out yesterday night, so testing at relevant sound levels has to be postponed for a day or so ;-)

jjjimi84

Very nice collection of amps, couple questions;

How many drives are you going to have on the board?

What is the box in the back ofthe silver jubilee with the three knobs?

Marshall Arts

Quote from: jjjimi84 on November 11, 2018, 08:29:02 AM
Very nice collection of amps, couple questions;

How many drives are you going to have on the board?

What is the box in the back ofthe silver jubilee with the three knobs?
Two, plus maybe a boost. The box on the Marshall is a rub-a-dub reverb in the fx loop.

jjjimi84

Brilliant idea! I would go boost, rog umble and diablo, different levels of gain and all sound fairly different. I look forward to the results.

Marshall Arts

Quote from: jjjimi84 on November 11, 2018, 08:43:26 AM
Brilliant idea! I would go boost, rog umble and diablo, different levels of gain and all sound fairly different. I look forward to the results.
Thanks. I already sorted the drives on the picture by gain levels and the umble or the Zen are good candidates for low level boost/drive. The Cascadia is great, but also big... The tube screamer and the brown betty are likely to not make it this time.
A hard decision is always the ocd, it's a love/hate thing with me.
Big surprise is the pearl od aka Aion Fractal. I had it for yrs and it's so versatile with the active EQ. It also stacks nicely with the Katana...