News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Open spbk files in SpinCAD

Started by chongmagic, November 11, 2018, 12:50:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chongmagic

This may be a dumb question, but I can't seem to open any spbk files, is there a certain way to do it? I tried open patch but it won't open the file it just hangs. Open bank doesn't work either.

madbean

The bank file could be corrupted (you should only open sbk type with "Open Bank File", I think). Or, it could be version incompatibility. Which version of SpinCAD are you using?

chongmagic

chongmagic

Shouldn't the file open pretty quickly?

chongmagic

What version of Java are you running for your instance of SpinCAD?

madbean

Quote from: chongmagic on November 11, 2018, 01:30:42 AM

What version of Java are you running for your instance of SpinCAD?

I'm using Java v8 update 181. And I'm still kind of on 998 for SpinCAD. I haven't really had time to try the newest version out much. Maybe Digital Larry can chime in. I really need to install an @ alert plugin as a thread tool here.

somnif

Can you open the spbk file in a text editor? It will contain a lot of giberish/null characters, but the file should openable and have at least some recognizable text.

chongmagic

Yes, I can open the file in notepad, and I can see that it should be able to be opened.

It seems to finally open in SpinCad if I leave it long enough, but the symbols never show up in the SpinCAD window. It just stays as a blank page.