News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Lectric-FX Flintlock (A/DA) Flanger

Started by Bio77, November 12, 2018, 02:08:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bio77

I had a lot of trouble with this one, but I finally got it fired up! It was worth sticking it out, it sounds cool.

Thanks to scruffie for help with the debug!

Martan

Great job! This is a challenging but satisfying build! Mine had some issues as well (all my fault) but sounds great now.

Congrats on sticking it out.

Marty

ahiddentableau

Sweetness.  Congrats on the build.

Can you describe how it sounds?  More to the point: can you somehow begin to describe what sets the ADA flanger apart from the others?  I've always wanted an ADA but at the end of the day I already built an Electric Mistress that I never play.  So I need the encouragement!

Bio77

Thanks guys.

Quote from: ahiddentableau on November 13, 2018, 03:46:48 PM
More to the point: can you somehow begin to describe what sets the ADA flanger apart from the others?  I've always wanted an ADA but at the end of the day I already built an Electric Mistress that I never play.  So I need the encouragement!

I haven't had much time to play with it.  I was pretty pumped to get it working and wanted to post it right away. 

First impressions: it sounds really nice, I've built the EM, as well, and I prefer this one.  I ordered a new MM with better frequency range, I'm hoping to get it dialed in even better.  The odd/even control is really dramatic and gives you pretty distinct sounds, one hollow and the other round.  The threshold control is different, you can set up a crazy flange sound and gate it.  The rest is pretty standard flange controls, so, the sound quality would depend on your personal taste.

Bret608

Great looking build! Glad to see you were able to get it working. I've been a bit lazy to take this one on but should really build it at some point.

selfdestroyer

Thats a hard build.. came out fantastic!

Artwork is great also.

-Cody

ahiddentableau

Quote from: Bio77 on November 13, 2018, 08:13:58 PM

I haven't had much time to play with it.  I was pretty pumped to get it working and wanted to post it right away. 

First impressions: it sounds really nice, I've built the EM, as well, and I prefer this one.  I ordered a new MM with better frequency range, I'm hoping to get it dialed in even better.  The odd/even control is really dramatic and gives you pretty distinct sounds, one hollow and the other round.  The threshold control is different, you can set up a crazy flange sound and gate it.  The rest is pretty standard flange controls, so, the sound quality would depend on your personal taste.

Well, now you're whetting my appetite.  Thanks for that.

cooder

Most excellent! That's a build and a half... well done!
BigNoise Amplification