News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

PedalPCB Roboto "Mode" doesn't work

Started by jambforthelamb, November 13, 2018, 02:23:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jambforthelamb

Hey all,
Recently finished up a Roboto from PedalPCB, and everything works but the "Mode" knob. Turning it in either direction has no effect on the sounds. The Volume and "Control" knobs both work as expected, and the sounds coming out are normal for a HT8950. Not sure if it's maybe an issue with the ATTINY or something else. I'll post the voltages from that below, please let me know if there's anything else you need from me.
Thanks!
-Kevin
ATTINY85 Voltages (with the "mode" knob turned fully counterclockwise).
1 - 3.2v
2 - 0.0v
3 - 0.4v
4 - 0.0v
5 - 3.2v
6 - 3.2v
7 - 3.2v
8 - 3.2v

p_wats

I've actually populated 3 of these recently for accidental reasons (see this thread).

The first one was fine except that I reversed the pots. After correcting that it never worked well again and the voltages in the HT8950 were off (something must have happened when I fixed the pots).

However, the second one had issues with a lack of continuity between two components. If I recall there was a capacitor and resistor on the right side of the board that weren't connecting. Might be worth tracing that area with your DMM?

The third one worked absolutely fine straight away though, so I assume all problems were my own issues.