News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

White Horse issue

Started by Boba7, November 16, 2018, 01:46:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boba7

Hey guys!

Haven't been building much, but I wanted to try the White Horse as a replacement for my modded 4:1, and I'm very frustrated, it doesn't work.
Well it kinda does work. All pots do what you'd expect them too, but there's some distortion happening pretty much all over the place when the compression pot is past 9. Like really nasty spitting decay distortion.

The circuit isn't very complex, and that's what surprises me. I've double checked my soldering and resistors, and my voltages are the same as the ones indicated in the build doc. I've put two different quad opamp (TL074, TLE2074), replaced all the transistors (thought it might be a bad BS170), and even tried another vactrol (NSL32), and then measured my NSL32-SR3, which is exactly as it's supposed to be (about 60r ON, more than 2M off)

I don't have much time to troubleshoot or post pics (I'll have more time in a few weeks) so I guess my question is: do your White horses work?

Cheers! :)

jduma

Yeah I have been meaning to reply to my earlier post I am still not sure if mine is working. I have no clue what it is supposed to sound like but the voltages that I measured are similar to what was measured. I felt like it I had it working but I got a bandmate to play yesterday while I adjusted and I feel like it was doing nothing noticeable.