News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

PedalPCB D3lay. How does it sound?

Started by pietro_moog, November 25, 2018, 05:44:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pietro_moog

Hi guys.
I don't need another pedal, but i've seen that a shop in EU holds kits for PedalPCB's projects.
I was looking at that D3lay, and i have a few questions:
-how does it sound? is it comparable to CB belle epoch?
-are there any demos around?
-does it fit in a 1590b, with jacks on the side?

jjjimi84

I think it is a great pedal! I love the layout of all of his boards and appreciate the silkscreened values. I cannot answer your questions because i donot own a belle epoch, but i would take a stab and say no. Does it have a good tape sound yes but its not going to achieve the depths of a dedicated pedal.

I put a demo in the audio demo section using the D3lay and radium springs, its a short little song totry and showcase the pedals. As for fitting in a 1590b itwould be tight the board is pretty snug width wise in a 125b

jimilee

Quote from: pietro_moog on November 25, 2018, 05:44:56 AM
Hi guys.
I don't need another pedal, but i've seen that a shop in EU holds kits for PedalPCB's projects.

Man, did you pick the wrong hobby. There's always one more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

gordo

Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

cooder

I do like the sounds in there a lot, especially the tape delay setting.
The space delay is not so much my personal thing but that depends on the musical context you like I guess.

And apart from that, Jimi answered it best of course.
BigNoise Amplification

Willybomb

I would call them functional.  I'm not a fan of the spacey type things, but the digital and tape delays do what they say.