Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Aion Refractor build

Started by gordo, November 25, 2018, 11:09:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TGP39

This looks so professional Gordo.   
I'm inspired to try this myself.
I'm also very keen on incorporating those molex connectors in all my builds. 
Especially from the foot switch.   
Great job,
Steve.
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

aion

The resistors are "house brand" for lack of a better term - I get them custom manufactured. I haven't talked much about them much, but they are 0.5% tolerance and would check all the boxes for audiophile grade. They're pricey compared to Xicon or KOA Speer but worth it to make kit building easier (no color codes to read) - and just because they're red!

They're very similar to the ones made by Precision Resistive Products like VFE used to use. It's not that brand, but the resistors themselves are pretty close in specs, if someone wanted a lead on ordering some similar ones.

movinginslomo

Quote from: aion on December 06, 2018, 06:39:25 AM
They're pricey compared to Xicon or KOA Speer but worth it to make kit building easier (no color codes to read) - and just because they're red!

I'd have never thought of that. Hell squinting at resistor bands "Hey dad is this purple or brown to you.." was a rite of passage lol

Ekimneets

I did this build awhile back and it's just like butter. Really rock solid too!

-Mike

Typo'd from my iphone
Legion of one at Black Octopus Pedalworx.

JC103

Quote from: aion on December 06, 2018, 06:39:25 AM
The resistors are "house brand" for lack of a better term - I get them custom manufactured. I haven't talked much about them much, but they are 0.5% tolerance and would check all the boxes for audiophile grade. They're pricey compared to Xicon or KOA Speer but worth it to make kit building easier (no color codes to read) - and just because they're red!

They're very similar to the ones made by Precision Resistive Products like VFE used to use. It's not that brand, but the resistors themselves are pretty close in specs, if someone wanted a lead on ordering some similar ones.

Just noticed how cool those red resistors look! Attention to detail in these kits is unreal, even the jacks match the Wimas. Thanks to Gordo for the build thread, I have been curious about this project recently. Aion, are those resistors similar to the sausage brown Dale/Vishay brand?