News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Freekout Voltage Regulator Question

Started by chongmagic, November 26, 2018, 07:37:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chongmagic

Can I use a L7815CV in the place of a LM7815? I cannot seem to find a LM7815 anywhere but Mouser has the L7815CV in stock and it shows an output voltage of 15v.

madbean

chongmagic

Looks like the 7815CV from the datasheet has the input pin on top, ground in the middle, and output for the bottom pin. It looks like it should line up correctly with the schematic of the Freekout board.

chongmagic

I just pulled out my Freekout board and saw this, will this cause any issues. I don't see any traces cut or anything.

madbean

What on earth happened there? Is it a burn or did it get caught on something and scrape off?

In any case, yeah that's a problem. There is a trace that runs from the O pad to the sqaure pad of J2. It could be damaged or gone altogether. Can't tell without a closer pic.

chongmagic

Honestly, I have no clue I have a little plastic parts  organizer I keep my PCBs in and I pulled it out and it was like that. I didn't burn it or drop it. I will just order another.

chongmagic

I ordered another I have never seen a board do this so I guess I will never figure out what happened. That's my luck lol.

chongmagic

madbean

Quote from: chongmagic on November 27, 2018, 01:03:20 AM
Here is a closer look.

I can't imagine what did that. Anyway, I won't make you pay for another one. While it's unlikely it left the shop that way it's possible. I'll comp you on the order you placed and get the new board out today.

chongmagic

Thank you Brian, I am not sure what happened either. But I appreciate your help and your customer service is just one of the many reasons I buy PCBs from you.

HamSandwich

The inside of the board looks... tasty. Nutty maybe?