News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Is there still color in the world?

Started by jjjimi84, November 28, 2018, 06:29:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjjimi84

I started populating boards to see where i was at with parts and what I needed to order, three weeks later and I am almost done. Ten more stuffed just need to be soldered with five more to populate and solder. All enclosures are center punched but not drilled.

This year started with "oh I just want to buld a multiplex and a dirt baby, maybe a new fuzz".

It turned into something radically different.

Now to start sketching ideas for painting, the greatest problem i have ever had.

HamSandwich

alanp

We've all had years like that :)

Love that mousepad, by the way!
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Willybomb

I have zero mojo atm.  This was a couple of weeks ago, it's much worse now.

mjg

So did you end up getting to the multiplex and dirt baby?  :o

Yahoo67

Quote from: mjg on November 29, 2018, 02:34:23 AM

^^ he decided to go the total recall route i think xD

jjjimi84

Quote from: mjg on November 29, 2018, 02:34:23 AM

I should post the spreadsheet i made to keep up with everything, but yes i got my multiplex and dirt baby. The dirtbaby hasn't left my recording board since its been built and now i have a total recall ready ro test and box. I wanna do a comparison demo when they are both done.

Quote from: alanp on November 28, 2018, 08:50:47 PM
We've all had years like that :)

Love that mousepad, by the way!

No reason for me to have it but I got it as a gift fifteen years ago when I bought my first les paul, that lp is gone and the mousepad stays.

sonnyboy27

I started doing the same thing the other day so I can figure out what parts to order. That's when I discovered I'm gonna have like 5 bluesbreakers when finish all of this.

Looks like you're keeping Bugg and Bean in business. ;)

jimilee

I have so many boards it's ludicrous. I was thinking about PIFing some of them. I'm never going to build them all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jjjimi84

Quote from: sonnyboy27 on November 29, 2018, 06:37:47 AM
I started doing the same thing the other day so I can figure out what parts to order. That's when I discovered I'm gonna have like 5 bluesbreakers when finish all of this.

Looks like you're keeping Bugg and Bean in business. ;)

Those two get a lot of support from me, I like the layouts and boards the best. After a decade of building I kinda know what I like, that being said I have 1776, aion, lectricfx and vfe builds all in process.

ahiddentableau

When I read the start of this I thought, "Pppphhhtttt, you think you've got that many boards?"  Then I saw the picture and I immediately thought of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdyFEQeMYCU