News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Rebote 2.5 vs Deep Blue Delay

Started by benny_profane, November 30, 2018, 03:12:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benny_profane

The layouts of each of these pt2399 delay projects are rather similar. I was wondering if someone could give some insight as to the differences between the two.

The BOMs for each can be found on the aion vector project page:
https://aionelectronics.com/project/vector-deep-blue-delay-clone/

Cheers!

madbean

The Rebote is overall a cleaner delay. It's really well-implemented for the PT2399. The DBD is a bit noisier because it has less filtering but it is more filtered in the repeats for a tape like response (coming from the 2k/47n LP filter). You cannot go wrong with either but they are definitely different.

benny_profane

Ah good to know. And thanks for the response! I was hoping that the answer would make the decision a bit easier for me to choose, but both sound very appealing.

TFZ

Both use the same crappy input stage design. Build the PT-80 or something else that was designed competently.

JackSkellington

I built the Rebote Delay 2.5, I never had any delay pedal, but I think it isn't so bad.
I'd like to have a PT-80 but I use to build on stripboard and I think it is too complicated to have a veroboard layout.
«Just because I cannot see it doesn't mean I can't believe it»

benny_profane

I've already got the PCB for the other delay projects. I'll definitely look into the PT-80 for a future build, though.