News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Holiday PIF Party is live and new VFE tomorrow.

Started by madbean, December 03, 2018, 05:28:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

The Holiday PIF party is now live on the forum: http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?board=95.0

Be sure to read the PIF'n guide. I'll be posting several PIF each week through the end of the month. Please consider offering your own PIFs, too.

Tomorrow the VFE Focus will be released. Also, I will have re-stock on the Fiery Red Horse, Springboard, Dragon, Standout, Pinball and Tractor Beam. The remaining VFE projects will go back in stock a little later than expected as I need to get some more switching boards. Finally, the Patreon bundle will be reduced from $35 to $33.

Tomorrow should also launch the two end of the year contests.

madbean

madbean

VFE Focus now in stock. Also, I put up a small quantity of 6111WA tubes in the shop. I personally screened each tube and they should be fine for any sub-mini application. There's only 8 of them so they probably won't last long.

On the Focus - if you've built the Standout the Focus will be a bit redundant as it was most likely the "pre-cursor". There are differences (the Focus runs split-rail whereas the Standout does not and the filtering is a bit different in each). All in all it's a great little circuit.

jposega

Quote from: madbean on December 04, 2018, 11:36:46 AM
VFE Focus now in stock. Also, I put up a small quantity of 6111WA tubes in the shop. I personally screened each tube and they should be fine for any sub-mini application. There's only 8 of them so they probably won't last long.

On the Focus - if you've built the Standout the Focus will be a bit redundant as it was most likely the "pre-cursor". There are differences (the Focus runs split-rail whereas the Standout does not and the filtering is a bit different in each). All in all it's a great little circuit.

Can the Focus be modded to lower the High Pass Filter to start at more like 30hz? I tried one with bass and I loved it for getting a tighter sound and a better DI'd distorted bass tone with the LPF, but it cut too much low end with the HPF rolled all the way down.