News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

2019 Prototyping board WIP

Started by madbean, December 04, 2018, 07:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

2019 is going to have lots of new areas for me to work on. Accordingly, a serious prototyping rig is going to be required. Here is step 1 - getting the basic layout worked up. I'd like to go even bigger and include a small 386 amp and speaker but I don't have enough room on my workstation!

Unfortunately, the DSO138 was DOA so I will be returning it in the hopes of getting a working one.

jubal81

That's a serious arsenal.  :o
Nice voltage selector, too. I found I like to jump around to different projects, so I make the breadboard part swappable - glue them together on a platform and use a bit of velcro. I've found if I'm frustrated with something I'm working on, I'll procrastinate and not get much done. Being able to swap in something else for a changeup keep me working.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

fair.child

Is it based on Kitchen cutting board???

madbean

Quote from: fair.child on December 05, 2018, 12:02:40 AM
Is it based on Kitchen cutting board???

Indeed. All the ones I've ever built were on cutting boards.

Almost done hooking it up. Decided to move all the Arduino stuff to a separate board so this one will be focused on analog pedal design. Scope is working fine. I still may add a little headphone amp for late night/early morning listening.

One thing I really need to do is make a little board with a switch to power on the scope and signal generator. Since I can run 9, 15, 18 and -9v to the breadboard with a rotary switch on the 1590B at the top right, I don't want to accidentally send the wrong power to those and damaged them. So, I may use a separate PSU just for those or use a protection diode and 9.1v Zener.