News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Naughty Fish Output ground

Started by oldsoul, December 05, 2018, 08:42:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldsoul

I noticed in the documentation for the NF you don't have the sleeve of the output jack connected to anything. In other builds I noticed the output sleeve connected to the sleeve of the input jack or the common point on the 3PDT.
High Tech by day-Old School at Night

madbean

The output jack does not have to be grounded via the sleeve when in an enclosure since the enclosure itself provides the ground. It's not something I really do anymore and generally the more recent documentation shows both sleeves grounded. It caused confusion for some when testing outside an enclosure since in that case both sleeves must be grounded if jacks are connected.

oldsoul

So when testing outside the box with my test rig and jacks attached I should ground the output sleeve but when I box it no need?

madbean

Quote from: oldsoul on December 05, 2018, 10:08:29 AM
So when testing outside the box with my test rig and jacks attached I should ground the output sleeve but when I box it no need?

Yes to the first part, second part - it's up to you. I generally do a wired ground on the output jack. It helps in case the jack ever become loose.

oldsoul