News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Marshall JackHammer

Started by rjkanejr, October 17, 2011, 02:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjkanejr

Anyone know what the Marshall JackHammer is schematic-wise - anyone have a schematic?  It looks like it may be a TS clone (or clone of the Boss HM-2).  It has a OD/Dist selector which if I were to guess switches between either soft clipping/hard clipping, i.e. diodes and LEDs for the clipping section?  I ask all this as a friend just obtained one of these and used it in front of a Carvin Vintage tube amp and the clarity of the overdrive was very nice, could distinguish all notes in a chord played while it had sweet singing sustain for solos.  Impressive pedal actually.  Anyone have any info about this pedal, a schematic to make one, what the MadBean equivalent may be?  Anyone?  Anyone? 

irmcdermott

rjkanejr

Thanks for the schematic.  So.... can anyone explain it?   :o  I am not the sharpest tool in the pedal builder workshop!  It looks like it uses 3 TL072 ICs, is that correct?  So with 3 ICs this isn't exaclty a TS clone?  It also appears my guess is right that the OD/DIST toggles between LEDs and diodes for the clipping section.

jkokura

Sounds like you have a basic understanding of it.

I had this pedal for a long time. You can find them used for less than $50, it's not really worth building I don't think.

The plexitone is where it's at for the same sort of tone.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals