News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pork Barrel with 3PRR Drill Template Verification

Started by benny_profane, December 11, 2018, 12:25:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benny_profane

I'm building up a Pork Barrel with the 3PRR board in order to supply 12V in a 125B enclosure. I'm also planning on using side-mounted enclosed jacks. Would anyone mind taking a look at this template to verify that I'm on the right track with clearances? I've omitted the DC jack in this mock-up (I'm planning on installing that at the top and clearance isn't too tight there) because my main concern is the side jacks with the two boards.

Cheers!

Bio77

You don't have to keep the jacks away from the 3PDT mounted boards.  Those will usually clear the jacks, especially with the jacks moved up (like you have) towards the face of the enclosure.  Below is an example of a similar board I put in a 1590B.   

You do have to worry about the jacks being too close to the main board.  Also, I'm not sure you will end up with enough space to put the DC jack on the top.  You might want to search through some build reports of this board or similar sized PCBs and see what other people have pulled off. 

madbean

benny_profane

Thanks for the replies. I was thinking I was good with the DC jack since I've put a top-mounted DC jack in both Mudbunny and Slow Loris 125B builds (which have similar potentiometer arrangements) and all the components at the top of the Pork Barrel board are axial. I'll be sure to confirm before I commit to that, though.

Brian: Do you mean down as in closer to the 3PDT switch? Does the vertical placement look okay, if that's the case?

Another thing that may be an issue is that I've used a TO-220 package regulator (a bad habit of mine is getting TO-220s instead of TO-92s). I've bent it 90 deg. over the 10uF cap cluster, so there's a bit more than usual going on there and taking away some clearance.

Cheers.