News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pedal Beer

Started by 401waterman, October 18, 2011, 10:10:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

401waterman

what's your favorite beer for building?

I'm currently hooked on Red Hook ESB. Last week was Guinness imported extra stout. 

lloyd17

I keep buying IPA's then wonder why I am too tipsy to confidently mill an enclosure after three beers. Miller Lite if I am working, Stone IPA or Anchor Steam if lounging/testing.

timbo_93631

I only have the beers in the summertime when it is hot, otherwise my inner alky takes over and wants to drink 3 a night.  With a my boys, 2 year old and an 8 month old, it is not a good idea to be a little buzzed as the little guys never stop with the hijinks and emergency preparedness is at a premium around here.  But when the time is right the bests beers for me are:

Beck's

Birra Moretti

Monteiths Black (when I can get it, hard to get small time regional NZ beers in Fresno, CA)
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

irmcdermott

For me, I usually have the concoction of solder fumes mixed with Sam Adams Boston Lager, Fat Tire, or New Castle Brown Ale, depending on what mood I'm in.

mjcyates

More of a red wine guy myself, however, I as well enjoy Fat Tire and Newcastle.

jkokura

I drink very seldom, but if I do it's Sleeman's Cream or rye and cola hold the ice.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

crash

All of the above, except Miller, don't like any of those Nascar beers (Bud, Coors, Miller)

slimtriggers

+1 for Newcastle.  Guinness, too.  And another "no to Nascar beers" from me, too.  :)

jubal81

Quote from: irmcdermott on October 18, 2011, 02:10:42 PM
For me, I usually have the concoction of solder fumes mixed with Sam Adams Boston Lager, Fat Tire, or New Castle Brown Ale, depending on what mood I'm in.

Yep, what he said.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

JakeFuzz

+1 for Stone, or Green Flash or Ballast Point...  ;D  Or any San Diego brew for that matter.

Seriously though Magic has some fantastic selections, he is definitely a beer guru.

lloyd17

Yes I am no big fan of the nascar beers but 175 calories a bottle for the good stuff means a lot more running for me QQ

jimmybjj

Quote from: crash on October 18, 2011, 04:29:51 PM
All of the above, except Miller, don't like any of those Nascar beers (Bud, Coors, Miller)

+1
Pcbs no longer available

bigmufffuzzwizz

I tend not to drink while building, I don't think it would benefit my work too much...plus with the beers I've been drinking lately.
If I had to drink, I think I'd have to find a new found love for Pale ales  ;D
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

TheCobbenator

One more for Newcastle! Or really cheap stuff like Coors. Ha

LaceSensor

I drink tea when building  :o