News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Greetings from Auckland New Zealand

Started by Blisterfingers, December 16, 2018, 08:18:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blisterfingers

Hi everyone,
Thought I'd better check in after lurking for a little while and then buying some boards from MBP.
I'm an Aussie living in beautiful New Zealand, getting back into amp and pedal building after an absence of a few years.
I build my first pedal in 2012 from a BYOC kit and it worked first time. The idea was that the pedal build would be "training wheels" for building an amp.

In hindsight I didn't quite appreciate the gap between the skills needed to put together a BYOC Triboost and the skills needed to knock out a working Blackface Vibrolux Reverb . . . but after much swearing and patient assistance from a few kind souls, it all came together.

I hadn't scratched the pedal itch though so I'm looking to get back into it by building one of every significant Fuzz Pedal known to man, starting with a Ge FuzzFace.

It's also a chance to collaborate with my wife who is a very talented artist. She'll be in charge of the artwork and we're looking forward to trying out a few different techniques.

Here's a shot of the BYOC TriBoost:

Bret608

Welcome! That is a great looking pedal. I'm here in the States but have been lucky enough to visit both Australia (QLD) and New Zealand (North and South Islands) in the last couple of years. Great experiences, both.

diablochris6

Welcome. Looking forward to your builds!
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

cooder

Kia Ora! Welcome this side of the ditch!
Looking forward to seeing what you brew up...
BigNoise Amplification

selfdestroyer

Welcome! Look forward to seeing more pedals from you.

-Cody