News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Where are you ordering your parts from?

Started by mr_mwr, December 31, 2018, 10:58:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr_mwr

It's been a long time (about 4 years) since I was regularly building pedals. I wasn't ever super active here, but I was at BYOC. I feel super out of the loop now getting back into it.

I ordered a ton of boards and parts back when I was building, but nothing since. So I'm wondering where are people ordering from now? I used to live in Vancouver which also had a great electronics shop that I could go pick up just about anything from so I wasn't ordering a ton to begin with. But now, in a new city with no good shop i need to get some stock.

I used to order from Mammoth... is anyone still using them? and a couple times from BLMS (which I see has dropped the B)

What are my options? or better, what's my best option? I've got about 12 boards, and 4-5 that I really want to build of those. And I picked up a ton of jacks and stomp switches with a couple group buy's a while ago too, so it's mostly components and enclosures. I'd prefer to buy from one source as shipping to canada from multiple places isn't ideal. Thanks!

EBK

"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

alanp

Tayda, Mouser, RS-Online, and (more rarely) Smallbear.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

somnif

Arrow.com is a relatively new player. Selection is spotty, and the search function sucks, but free overnight shipping on ANY order, like down to a single resistor.

Fantastic for those "oh hell I forgot something" moments.

matmosphere

I generally buy enclosures, knobs, jacks and 3pdt at BLMS because the quality is good and the shipping is very reason. I buy most other stuff from tayda because it's super inexpensive and I've never had any issues with quality.

Whenever there's something I can't get elsewhere I use smallbear. Arrow is fantastic in a pinch.

Mammoth is okay but I feel like there selection is no where near what it used to be.