News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

And a Happy 2019 to you!

Started by madbean, January 01, 2019, 05:08:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

Hope everyone came out alive of their NYE celebrations. We had a bust! My daughter and I were sitting in the living room around 7pm last night when we both detected a weird and terrible smell. Couldn't tell if it was gas, a burned up TV component or what. It took hours to air out the place and the evening was spent searching inside and outside the house trying to figure out what was going on and if we were all in some kind of danger. The odor was so intense she got a headache and I got a little woozy at one point.

Finally today my wife figured it out: a female fox was marking her territory around and under our house. The little bugger had dug a hole under our HVAC unit and into the belly of the house. She was marking her space for spring pups. Anyway, I plugged up the tunnel so hopefully that is the last of it. It would be awesome to see little baby foxes but we have dogs so I don't want any four legged turf battles.

I'm sure we'll laugh about it next NYE. This time...not so much :)

thesmokingman

I escaped ... and as has been tradition in our home had black eyed peas, collard greens, and cornbread today ... I skipped the football though. I knew UCF wasn't going to get past LSU and couldn't bring myself to watch it.
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX

midwayfair

nzCdog

I finally shared Wayne's World 1&2 with the kids on NYE.  Had to rent it through YouTube, but well worth it  8).

cooder

Foxy Lady sneaking around the house...
Happy New Years, glad you found the source of it.
Those critters... stories to tell and remember.
BigNoise Amplification

timbo_93631

My wife wasn't feeling well, she slept trough it aside from one really sleepy kiss at about 12:05, in-laws were here, mom got sick, some sort of 24 hour flu deal, she got up to make sick somewhere around 3am.  4 littlest of six kiddos slept through it all, my 2 oldest got up, we lit off a ridiculous 25 mortars-all-in-one box thing when the courthouse clock struck midnight, played an hour of final fantasy on the NES classic, then back to bed.  It was something.  Welcome to 2019!  Hope all yall are good and well!
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

jjjimi84

I didn't even realize it was News Years eve until I was tucking my wife and son into bed and she told me to have fun at work and to enjoy the overtime pay. It then dawned on me it was the 31st. Went to work at 2300 and sipped coffee and watched fireworks from my office window.

In the almost 15 years of working for the railroad I am not sure if I have ever celebrated New Years.

On the plus side that overtime pay went to BLMS, Mouser and Tayda.

Btw love the Final Fantasy on the nes, what a classy move.

Aristatertotle

madbean

Quote from: Aristatertotle on January 03, 2019, 03:07:40 PM
Quote from: midwayfair on January 01, 2019, 07:08:13 PM
Oh for fox sake.

This forum needs a like button.

I wouldn't mind having them. I'm a little hesitant since it requires yet another database which is a potential failure point in the forum. But, it's pretty low risk. Lemme see what's available.

EBK

Quote from: madbean on January 04, 2019, 04:52:42 AM
Quote from: Aristatertotle on January 03, 2019, 03:07:40 PM
Quote from: midwayfair on January 01, 2019, 07:08:13 PM
Oh for fox sake.

This forum needs a like button.

I wouldn't mind having them. I'm a little hesitant since it requires yet another database which is a potential failure point in the forum. But, it's pretty low risk. Lemme see what's available.
Could add a lichen button instead. (Sorry, the Donut button thing still inspires me.)
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber