News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

3D Printer incoming

Started by madbean, January 03, 2019, 05:58:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

I unexpectedly received some money for Christmas and thinking about the one tool I would really like to have...well, a 3d printer seemed like the best choice. I can think of a few applications for pedals and some other fun DIY stuff. I decided on the Comgrow Creality Ender 3 since it is pretty widely used and seems to have a good support base. And, it was not too expensive.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BR3F9N6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm looking forward to playing with this. I actually have quite a bit of 3d modeling experience so I think I will be able to design lots of fun things to make. The first thing I will be making is a light shield for the Harbinger Two!

Also, I now have the trifecta of CNC machines: laser, spindle engraver and 3d printer. I will be dedicating some serious effort on all three fronts this year.

EBK

"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

diablochris6

Neat! At one of the schools I worked at, I figured out how to create a 3D printed model of my head. It's a great conversation piece in my classroom.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

fair.child

Now, it's time to revisit Fusion 360. I got MK3 i3 prusa for my birthday last year. Still stay strong and still have a lot of fun. Mainly print toys for my daughter

Leevibe

I have a buddy with that printer and he is loving it. I'm a little tempted to get it too but I can't justify it. If you want to learn some 3D modeling, check out Lars Christensen's stuff on Fusion 360. He does a good job and Fusion 360 is the cat's whiskers.

nzCdog

Wow... I look forward to seeing your creativity at work, congrats