News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Releases pushed back to Jan 14th

Started by madbean, January 04, 2019, 04:45:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

I'm moving the next release date back one week to give myself a bit more time. I'm having to do verification builds on the Harbinger Two and Glitchee since there were some changes made after the prototype plus I need to box and do demos of the three new projects. The changes have been verified via breadboard but I'm not taking any chances. Also, I'm exploring the possibility of including a light shield with the Harbinger Two. It really just depends on how quickly I can get up and running with the new 3d printer and if I can make enough in a week's time. We'll see. I know what the design is for the light shield but I don't know if I'm going to be proficient enough to do it in just a few days (esp. since I have not even assembled it)!

Reminder: the next batch will also include a free Snack Shack (DAM Meathead) board with all orders. I have plenty enough of these so they should be available for a couple of weeks. The PCB came out amazeballs.

madbean

PS I've put the following back in stock since there is no reason to wait: Aquaboy, the two 3PDT boards and all the VFE stuff.

However, the free SnackShack PCB will not be included until the new releases come out on the 14th, so keep that in mind.

cooder

Awesome, I'm pumped for the Harbinger II (that is going in a wah shell, right?) as I have a shell already waiting and longing for it here!
Also me thinks I need a headtrip.
BigNoise Amplification

madbean

Quote from: cooder on January 04, 2019, 05:14:42 PM
Awesome, I'm pumped for the Harbinger II (that is going in a wah shell, right?) as I have a shell already waiting and longing for it here!
Also me thinks I need a headtrip.

Yes, it is for a wah shell. It's mostly the same circuit as the Harbinger One with two exceptions: the rate control is totally different since it uses an ICAR pot AND there is an extra (optional) feature called "Drag". When the Drag is engaged the LFO rate ramps down when you go toe to heel....kind of like a delayed effect between fast and slow speeds. It's really musical and cool sounding. Also, the HB2 will include the required on-board slide switch to go between Vintage and Modern modes and a BS250p transistor used in the power supply section.

cooder

That sounds spiffin'!
Also curious to see how you solved the speed pot there anyway getting it to work from the dual C100K to single pot.
BigNoise Amplification

madbean

Quote from: cooder on January 04, 2019, 05:58:50 PM
That sounds spiffin'!
Also curious to see how you solved the speed pot there anyway getting it to work from the dual C100K to single pot.

It's similar to RG Keens UVIAWS but I did make some modifications to the circuit to suit my tastes. It uses two NSL32 optos with a transistor driver for the LEDs.

madbean

Update: I'll also be including the lamp for the Harbinger Two.

cooder

It's getting better by the minute...  :)
BigNoise Amplification

nzCdog

Sweet idea for a business card right there Brian... just sayin 8)

cajone5

madbean

So obviously the new releases are not new releasing today. I hit a major roadblock with my Glitchee verification build and a minor one with the HB2 (that one appears to be builder error which I think I sorted out today). I'm not sure what's going on with the Glitchee because that circuit (well both of them) have been prototyped, vetted, breadboarded to death. Actually, I got so pissed off about the whole thing on Friday I took two days off which put me even further behind.

Anyway, it's looking more like Wednesday. If I can't get the Glitchee sorted by then I'll cut bait and get the other stuff released. I really hope that doesn't happen b/c when the Glitchee works it sounds absolutely badass.

jimilee

So, what you're saying is there is a glitch in the glitchee?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jjjimi84

Quote from: jimilee on January 14, 2019, 05:43:46 PM
So, what you're saying is there is a glitch in the glitchee?

A little salt for those wounds.

Hahhaha

madbean

I'll remember your little jab, Jimi.

8)

HB2 - much success. So univibe!

jimilee

Well....ok, you got me :P

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.