News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Strat body built out of 1200 colored pencils

Started by culturejam, January 06, 2019, 07:28:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

LaceSensor

really great.

the tone at the end out of a cheap practice amp too. goes to show...*

* a bit of chorus makes anything sound awesome

madbean

Hella cool.

I wonder what other materials could be used this way...

TFZ

cooder

Sharp! And way cool...
That matchstick guitar is just insane... even the pickup covers...
BigNoise Amplification

jimilee

Hmmm, I wonder what I should do for my first ever guitar build....I got it!!
That's just mesmerizing, I wish I had those wood working skills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

matmosphere

Very cool. He just posted a video of the build as well.

selfdestroyer

Damn thats awesome! I love the guitars that are made from old skateboards also. The colored laminated wood looks great for it.

Aentons

Here is the cardboard Strat

madbean

What might also work: broken drum sticks. Except, many of them have a light poly coat so that might have to be sanded off for a proper glue-up. Still, might be cool. Some are tapered also, so that might make it more complicated.

gordo

I'd started a tele made entirely from Home Depot 2x4's.  The crappier the better.  We put our house on the market, I downsized my workspace (spelled: gave away or sold most of my cool stuff) and the work I'd done got tossed in a dumpster.  A year+ later we realize that we can't give away a mid-priced house in Illinois these days (mind melting taxes certainly don't help) and I'm longing to get back to where I started.  My vision was a pine body full of knots and holes finished in gunstock oil with "NOT FRAGILE" stamped in a stencil font across the front (a tip of the hat to Bachman Turner Overweight who were idols as a kid in Canada).  I'll still make it happen, dammit, but I was SO close the first time.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jimilee

Cardboard strat=awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

EBK

Quote from: jimilee on January 07, 2019, 06:01:01 PM
Cardboard strat=awesome.
I somehow feel that Leo Fender would have approved.

I hate to ask this, but are there guitars made out of MDF (I can't bring myself to search this)?
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

alanp

Quote from: EBK on January 07, 2019, 09:07:02 PM
I hate to ask this, but are there guitars made out of MDF (I can't bring myself to search this)?

Aren't they the cheapest strats that Alibaba has to offer?
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Muadzin

Judging from the pics it seems like most of the work was in cutting the pencils to length and putting/glueing them all together in one big block. Cause that seems like the work that requires infinite amounts of boring patience. After that it was pretty much standard guitar building and got fun again. Looks awesome though, and it reminds me of Iranian art.