News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Help with switch tops.

Started by bscur, January 06, 2019, 12:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bscur

Hi,
I have destroyed a couple of these now and could use some help. The switches arrive with the straight shaft that has a channel in the side, like in the pic, but the diagram of the same switch shows it should have a threaded top. How do you get the cover off the top to reveal the threaded portion? I tried a wrench, but the whole top just rips off.

mjg

Are you sure that there is a threaded bit underneath?  Maybe their diagram is just wrong.  Wouldn't be the first time I've seem bad documentation. 

Which doesn't really help with your question... Sorry.  :-\

davent

That's an unthreaded bushing, what's the part # you ordered, either you were sent the wrong one or the part number was wrong.
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: davent on January 06, 2019, 01:58:49 PM
That's an unthreaded bushing, what's the part # you ordered, either you were sent the wrong one or the part number was wrong.
dave

Yep! This right here ^^^

bscur

Hi,
The part I was told was C&K 7411SYZQE. I am doing a mod on a G&L L2000 bass and need a threaded top on a 4PDT On/On/On switch. Any help would be great. I've blown about $80 buying the wrong switches so far.
Thanks again,
Brad

davent

Digikey shows that part number as a 3pdt 0n/0n/0n with a threaded bushing, so shouldn't look like the one you pictured.

https://www.digikey.ca/product-detail/en/c-k/7411SYZQE/CKN1139-ND/259893

dave

"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

davent