News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Well, this is no shocker

Started by lars, January 18, 2019, 01:31:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lars

I'm sure many of you saw the article about EHX winning a lawsuit against Mooer for software copyright infringement:
http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?m=1118862011080&ca=bd0333c6-b6d7-4d5b-b4a8-cbc19ba81f73
My first thought was, here goes the whole 70's MIJ "lawsuit guitars" thing again, where people will now demand outrageous prices for those original Mooer pedals because they're "special".
And right on que:
Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....

cooder

Right.... that price went up pretty swiftly there...
BigNoise Amplification

pickdropper

I highly doubt that will last.  Quick opportunism.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

cooder

Quote from: pickdropper on January 18, 2019, 01:42:36 PM
I highly doubt that will last.  Quick opportunism.
I'd think so too... just trying to make a buck.
BigNoise Amplification

nzCdog

somnif

...so, asking 350$ for a poorly put together Chinese knock-off of an EHX pedal that retails for ~220$ new.

:o

(ok, I'll admit shoving it in a 1590A is kinda neat, but still!)

cooder

Quote from: somnif on January 18, 2019, 05:14:45 PM
...so, asking 350$ for a poorly put together Chinese knock-off of an EHX pedal that retails for ~220$ new.

:o
Genius, aye...?
BigNoise Amplification

EBRAddict

Every hobby has douchebags like this

lars

Quote from: EBRAddict on January 18, 2019, 05:19:56 PM
Names were hidden to protect the bagginess ;D
It is insulting though when people even try to do stuff like that, as if the words "lawsuit" or "vintage" automatically open pocketbooks and make it rain.
Other keywords that need to go away:  "rare", "HTF", "reliced", "modded"...translation:  "everywhere", "easy to get", "really?", and "you ruined it".
Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....

cooder

Quote from: lars on January 18, 2019, 08:44:02 PM
Quote from: EBRAddict on January 18, 2019, 05:19:56 PM
Names were hidden to protect the bagginess ;D
It is insulting though when people even try to do stuff like that, as if the words "lawsuit" or "vintage" automatically open pocketbooks and make it rain.
Other keywords that need to go away:  "rare", "HTF", "reliced", "modded"...translation:  "everywhere", "easy to get", "really?", and "you ruined it".
Nail. Hammer. Head. ;D
BigNoise Amplification

movinginslomo

Watched a documentary on a sports memorabilia signature counterfeiter. During the home run derby Mark McGwire sets a record. Signed merch shows up IMMEDIATELY.  All with certificates of authenticity. Problem? Mark McGwire famously didn't sign ANYTHING. EVER. They were ALLLLL fake. He goes "I sign nothing for the public, if it has my signature it's fake" And that alone was used to take down the counterfeiters.

Govmnt_Lacky

Really, it is opportunisim at its best. Lots of people out there don't know any better.

My personal favorites are the people who sell broken pedals on flea-bay trying to cash in on the name or 'age' of the item. "classic" Shin Ei fuzz pedals... broken... no output BUT, it is old and is known so... $250  ::) Or older DOD delay pedals. No delay (obvious bad BBD) asking $300

Muadzin

I find it hilarious. As somnif said $350 for a Chinese copy of a $220 EHX pedal? Anyone who falls for that deserves what they pay for. They probably also bought the Vertex wah and Freakish Blues Alpha Drive.

pickdropper

Quote from: Muadzin on January 21, 2019, 05:05:24 AM
I find it hilarious. As somnif said $350 for a Chinese copy of a $220 EHX pedal? Anyone who falls for that deserves what they pay for. They probably also bought the Vertex wah and Freakish Blues Alpha Drive.

To a certain degree, I agree with this, although I'm skeptical exactly how many people will fall for it, though.  Most Mooer buyers are specifically looking at them because they are less expensive, not because they are absolute highest quality option.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Muadzin

Quote from: pickdropper on January 21, 2019, 05:33:10 AM
To a certain degree, I agree with this, although I'm skeptical exactly how many people will fall for it, though.  Most Mooer buyers are specifically looking at them because they are less expensive, not because they are absolute highest quality option.

True. But I reckon that you only need one to fall for this scam. And that those tend to be the ones who who are more into the rarity, bragging rights, and perceived additional sonic value of something that is out of production/forbidden, then the Mooer name.