News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dopamine

Started by cooder, January 22, 2019, 05:35:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cooder

Post number 2000... let's make it a build report, one full of dopamine...

Very nice and super flexible fuzz here on BuGG's pedalpcb.com 'Marsh' Fuzz.
Dopamine seemed a fitting name, and the original that this is made after is played by one of my current idols, Josh Smith.

Relay bypass courtesy of 1776 fx, those work great for me.
Acrylic face plate over laser decal, that's how I roll these days most of the time.

BigNoise Amplification

Bio77

Super clean, as always!  Was wondering, about how long does it take you to put one of these together?

v00d00blues79

Looks great!  What hfe range did you shoot for on the transistors?

Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cooder

Quote from: Bio77 on January 22, 2019, 06:20:14 PM
Super clean, as always!  Was wondering, about how long does it take you to put one of these together?
Cheers! I'm actually not quite sure how long I spend on it, not really watching the time as I go... probably 4 to 5 hours I guess? I usually populate several different pcbs, test them, then I get onto making a batch of 5 to 6 boxes (that's the number of decals I can fit on a A4 sheet), then drill the boxes and make the faceplates etc. So it all happens in batches typically for me. I reckon it'll end up about thiose 4 to5 hours per typical simpler box like this.

Quote from: v00d00blues79 on January 22, 2019, 09:18:34 PM
Looks great!  What hfe range did you shoot for on the transistors?

Andy

Thanks! I actually haven't measured the hfe with these as I stuck them in, I just used a batch of BC549C from a reputable source (element 14 / farnell). Works just fine I think. If it's important to you I could measure a few others from the same batch I ordered as a guide...?

EDIT: I just measured a handful of BC549C of the same batch, they all came out very consistent with hfe from 550 to 570. Hope that helps!
BigNoise Amplification

v00d00blues79

Awesome!  Thanks!

Andy

Bio77

Quote from: cooder on January 22, 2019, 10:06:22 PM
Cheers! I'm actually not quite sure how long I spend on it, not really watching the time as I go... probably 4 to 5 hours I guess? I usually populate several different pcbs, test them, then I get onto making a batch of 5 to 6 boxes (that's the number of decals I can fit on a A4 sheet), then drill the boxes and make the faceplates etc. So it all happens in batches typically for me. I reckon it'll end up about thiose 4 to5 hours per typical simpler box like this.

Cool, I wanted a benchmark from an experienced builder.  I'm never in a rush either.