News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NFCFMD (New, Fingers Crossed, Free Mixer Day)

Started by EBK, February 13, 2019, 03:07:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muadzin

Quote from: EBK on February 15, 2019, 08:30:10 PM
Thanks!
The input jacks are kind of cool on this mixer.  In addition to accepting those beaters ( :P), they actually accept both XLR and 1/4-in. plugs.  I haven't seen these kind of jacks before.

You haven't?  :o They're quite common these days. I've even soldered quite a few of them myself.

EBK

This is the first mixer I've owned, and apparently all of the ones I've used before were old.  *shrug*
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

Muadzin

It's something you see quite often on new mixers. Still, could be worse, the really old mixers I see only had jack inputs, not even XLR.

I still wish I had learned a little earlier of the out of business garage sale of the youth center I used to work at. By the time I learned of it both the FOH and monitor mixers were already gone. For peanuts! Imagine getting a 24 channel Midas Venice mixer plus flightcase for like a 100+ euro? Or a similar Soundcraft?

I shouldn't complain though, I got a small mixer, the rehearsal room mixer plus speakers, the amps and EQ's of the monitor rack, the FOH FX rack and the complete mic set. For €125.