News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Headtrip fv1 voltage

Started by chris weaver, January 30, 2019, 08:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chris weaver

Headtrip fv1 pin 10 voltage is .30, should be 1,16? Any ideas?
A caricature is putting the face of a joke on the body of a truth. Joseph Conrad

chris weaver

So after some research, perhaps the crystal isn't oscillating?
A caricature is putting the face of a joke on the body of a truth. Joseph Conrad

somnif

Gonna need some more details. Are the voltages elsewhere in the circuit looking okay? Can you provide a picture or two of the board? The crystal being weird wouldn't mess with voltages on pin 1, so something else is probably going on.

In the mean time, check the values of R5, R6 and R11, C5 and C6.

chris weaver

Voltages are good, I'll try to get pics of the board, it's pin 10 not 1

somnif

Quote from: chris weaver on January 31, 2019, 10:54:45 AM
Voltages are good, I'll try to get pics of the board, it's pin 10 not 1

:-[
I really need to stop trying to function before having coffee.....

In that case, what does the voltage look like on C9? Are you getting signal out of the pedal at all?

If your multimeter has a frequency counter it should be easy to see if your crystal was damaged at all, but beyond that the only ways I know to test crystal integrity wouldn't work "in situ".

chris weaver

C9 is 1.31, no sound out at all, powers up, led works, no bypass or effect signal. Audio probe gives me signal up to jacks idk

chris weaver

ok, board pics! All other voltages are correct, knobs & switches set as per build document. Pin 10 is consistant at .30 instead of 1.16, continuity tests ok.

chongmagic

Are you sure that pin 10 is making a good connection? Hard to tell from the pic but it seems to have lots of flux around it. I would recommend socketing your ICs if you can going forward, it keeps the chip from frying and makes troubleshooting much easier.

chris weaver

i get continuity, yes I put a ton of flux on there to make sure it was making good contact, I'm going to clean it and use a little solder paste & hot air just to be sure. how would you socket an smd?

somnif

Quote from: chris weaver on February 06, 2019, 04:45:44 PM
i get continuity, yes I put a ton of flux on there to make sure it was making good contact, I'm going to clean it and use a little solder paste & hot air just to be sure. how would you socket an smd?

Can't really socket SMDs (well, you can, but the sockets are ridiculously expensive and bulky), but the other chips could be.