News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dreamtime capacitors

Started by stevie1556, February 07, 2019, 04:01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevie1556

I'm in the process of attaching all the wires to my Dreamtime builds and just ordered the last capacitor that I needed. However, I've noticed that C2 and C8 are supposed to be MLCC caps. I've used normal ceramic disc caps for them (I clearly didn't read the build doc properly!), will they be ok or should I get some MLCC caps ordered and replace them?

somnif

Not a big deal, they'll function the same. MLCC's (particularly C0G/NP0 type) are a bit more stable and have tighter tolerances, but in our applications its not really a massive issue to worry about.

stevie1556

Ah thanks for that. I assume it's safe to keep the current ones in and see how they go? One of the local companies I use, they have to be ordered in quantanties of 10 (only need 3 of each) and it's going to cost £6 in postage, unless I stick on some enclosures that I really don't need more of at the moment.

The 100N one I had to order some caps for that as I seemed to have missed them off of the parts list ordering, so at least I've got the correct ones there!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk