News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Using a DPDT instead of the prescribed 3PDT?

Started by hoyager, July 19, 2010, 06:07:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoyager

Hey there, can anyone tell me if its possible to use a DPDT switch instead? I've almost finished a Serendipity but only bought DPDT's which I figured out at the time would be sweet. Now I can't work it out... 

Cheers
Andy

oldhousescott

You can, but you'll have to lose either the LED indicator, or the true bypass function.

jkokura

Look up Millennium bypass at geofex.com and you'll see a way to get both true bypass and LED's out of a DPDT switch. Other than that, you will either lose the true bypass or the LED function of your pedal.

It's much easier to get a 3PDT to work with if you can wait for the shipping. Pedal Parts Plus, Smallbear, and Aron's shop over at DIY stompboxes all have 3PDT's you can have shipped to you.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

irmcdermott

Quote from: jkokura on July 19, 2010, 08:56:01 AM
Look up Millennium bypass at geofex.com and you'll see a way to get both true bypass and LED's out of a DPDT switch. Other than that, you will either lose the true bypass or the LED function of your pedal.

It's much easier to get a 3PDT to work with if you can wait for the shipping. Pedal Parts Plus, Smallbear, and Aron's shop over at DIY stompboxes all have 3PDT's you can have shipped to you.

Jacob

I'll echo PedalPartsPlus for 3PDT's. Cheaper than smallbear and they have always shipped my order 1-2 days from ordering.