News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

blues jr owners?

Started by movinginslomo, February 07, 2019, 04:05:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

movinginslomo

Any blues jr owners here? If so what version and what mods? I have a new (to me) version III in limited edition amethyst (purple) and I would like to pimp it a little visually But you can't really do much. Has anyone else done anything crazy with one?

thesmokingman

the craziest I went was to add the cathode follower ... I only got to mod the v1 and v2. the v1 had better tone but shitty reverb compared to the v2
also this thread has a bunch of info
http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=22155.msg220197#msg220197
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX

TNblueshawk

There used to be some Blues Jr. dudes over at BYOC and I remember a few threads a long time ago. I'm not sure if those guys still surf over there or not but it might be worth a shot to check in over there with the same question. One of the mods is a big amp guy whose main focus is building/repairing Fenders.
John

movinginslomo

Yea I'm gonna leave it stock sound wise so all those great Bill M and internal mods are out. I still want it to stand out though, so I wondering what else I can do with it. I'm one of those "can't leave things alone" people hence my DIY nature lol. I'll check out BYOC, I used to hang there a very long time ago before I joined DIYstompboxes

thesmokingman

if internal mods are out, get a bigger cabinet ... so very much better to have a properly sized 1x12 or 2x12 cabinet. there's guys on ebay selling them, mojotone I think sells one too ... speakers, well ... that's a personal choice.
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX