News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Aion Zen Drive

Started by mjcyates, February 09, 2019, 08:22:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjcyates

Nothing too fancy but a nice pedal. Very easy build.

cooder

Top notch tidy!
Soundwise one of my favourite overdrives. Hope you dig it too!
BigNoise Amplification

mjcyates

Thanks! Not my favorite for rhythm but sounds great as a lead boost which is where I will be using it!

alanp

I thought those resistors were zero-ohm links for a second!

Very, very nicely done :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

mjcyates

Thanks, yeah I decided to go all Dale resistors just for the fun of it. They are all actually 1/2 watt so I was expecting them to all look like the one big one. I was expecting it to look like a pack of hot dogs :).

Willybomb

QuoteThanks! Not my favorite for rhythm but sounds great as a lead boost which is where I will be using it!

That's interesting, because I reckon I use mine 90% of the time in my cover band, and the Plexidrive when I need more dirt.

mjcyates

"Not my favorite for rhythm" was probably not the best choice of words, makes it sound like I don't like it. What that really means is that for crunchy rhythm my "favorite" pedal is my original Barber Direct Drive. I haven't found anything I like better for that. Important to note as well I play everything into a clean Fender tube amp most of the time. The Zen Drive circuit sounds great and I could see using it for a lot of tones but what I think it excels at is boosting something that already has some gain going on. Just makes a really fat, juicy lead tone that sounds great in my opinion.

Leevibe

Beautiful and clean. I love the Dale resistors and cupcake knobs look fantastic against that clean slate. It has some classy appeal.

mjcyates

Thanks! Enclosure is Small Bear 125-B Gray, only cost $4.10. It actually looks more white than gray. Knobs are from Small Bear as well.