News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Damn you, keyboard! Damn you straight to hell!

Started by madbean, February 15, 2019, 05:30:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

No matter how many years I;ve been typing, I hit the damn semi-colon instead of a single quote mark every time! This is serious business.

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: madbean on February 15, 2019, 05:30:05 PM
No matter how many years I;ve been typing, I hit the damn semi-colon instead of a single quote mark every time! This is serious business.

Maybe it is because you are looking for the wrong thing. You should be looking for an apostrophe.  ::)  ;D

alanp

"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

madbean

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on February 15, 2019, 05:40:18 PM

Maybe it is because you are looking for the wrong thing. You should be looking for an apostrophe.  ::)  ;D

Look, if you;re going to get technical this is going to be a long discussion.

jimilee

Quote from: madbean on February 15, 2019, 06:08:11 PM
Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on February 15, 2019, 05:40:18 PM

Look, if you;re going to get technical this is going to be a long discussion.
Well I guess key mapping is right out then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

matmosphere

Am I the only person who thought this thread was going to be about a malfunctioning musical instrument? Perhaps a broken midi cable.

Marshall Arts

Quote from: Matmosphere on February 15, 2019, 09:36:04 PM
Am I the only person who thought this thread was going to be about a malfunctioning musical instrument? Perhaps a broken midi cable.
I thought the same;

Leevibe

TNblueshawk

As soon as someone explains to me the difference between a semi-colon and the full on colon I'll be well on my way. The only thing I know about a colon is the probe I got when I turned 50  :o
John

EBK

Quote from: TNblueshawk on February 18, 2019, 11:47:51 AM
As soon as someone explains to me the difference between a semi-colon and the full on colon I'll be well on my way. The only thing I know about a colon is the probe I got when I turned 50  :o
Well, with common screenings like that probe that can detect colon cancer in its early stages, fewer people are requiring surgery that results in semicolons.  That's my guess as to why you may not be familiar with the difference.  ;)
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

TNblueshawk

Quote from: EBK on February 18, 2019, 12:05:46 PM
Quote from: TNblueshawk on February 18, 2019, 11:47:51 AM
Well, with common screenings like that probe that can detect colon cancer in its early stages, fewer people are requiring surgery that results in semicolons.  That's my guess as to why you may not be familiar with the difference.  ;)

Ah, that clears it up all right  :D
John