News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Boneyard demo (studio-recorded)

Started by CK1, October 23, 2011, 06:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CK1

Hey all,

Here's my first Madbean pedal demo.  Excuse the rough patches in editing and playing!
http://youtu.be/Q1dSxI5MFxQ

In terms of the vid itself, I have some serious recording gear, so I was able to get a sound that is darn close to what it sounds like "live."  That said, it's a bit more compressed here, plus the bass is getting slightly boosted, but I'd still say this is 90-95% of what it sounds like in the room with the amp.  Comments welcome.

CK

shawnee

That was great! The boneyard is my favorite pedal ever and I am glad to get to hear it with better sound quality than usual. Two thumbs up!

CK1

Thanks, man!  I agree, this pedal has become my favorite, too.  I'm still planning on trying some of those mods, but I finally gigged out with it this weekend, and was pleasantly surprised at how well it performed.  The more you open it up with a good clean amp, the better it sounds, and the mids start showing up a bit, too.

Once I get it tweaked, I'll post a follow-up vid to compare and contrast.

mjcyates

Sounds great! Glad it's working out for you.

CK1

Thanks, Marvin!  I should say publicly that 'mjcyates' was the builder of this particular pedal, which he graciously sold to me for my own evil experiments!   ;)

shawnee

I am waiting on a few parts to finish the mods on mine and then I'll post some changes that I made.

Marvin- My advice is to build another one as soon as possible.  ;D