News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Non-Threaded toggle switches

Started by Drew Hallenbeck, February 23, 2019, 12:42:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drew Hallenbeck

I've got a couple of boards that have pretty tight control layouts. I was thinking of using the toggles that have smooth shafts/bushings and don't use any nuts/washers. Kind of like what you might find on a lot of Electro Harmonix and other pedals. I'd like to save as much room as possible for labeling the controls without having to move the lettering too far away from the switch.
Does anyone know where I can find some of these that would work as direct replacements for the typical threaded shaft switches that everyone stocks?
I suppose I could just use the regular ones and leave off the nut and washer but that would look a bit...... unresolved.
Thanks!
Building with my daughter and occasionally selling as "Daddy Daughter Pedal Works"
Not for any real profit, just trying to have a self-funding hobby.

pickdropper

You should be able to find those at Mouser.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Drew Hallenbeck

I started trying to filter through some toggles on Mouser last night. I'm pretty sure I found some things that would work but, at $4 each.
I was hoping someone might have another suggestion......
Building with my daughter and occasionally selling as "Daddy Daughter Pedal Works"

pickdropper

Quote from: desmondtencents on February 23, 2019, 10:45:21 AM
I started trying to filter through some toggles on Mouser last night. I'm pretty sure I found some things that would work but, at $4 each.
I was hoping someone might have another suggestion......

$4 doesn't seem wildly out of line if it's just for a single switch.  You could check Arrow and at least get free shipping out of the deal.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Drew Hallenbeck

Yeah, $4 isn't too bad for just one. But there's not much of a price break for higher quantities and I definitely need more than one.....
I'll have a look at Arrow!

davent

I don't think the bushing diameter would be that different between a threaded and a smooth, you could always just leave the nut and washer off.
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?