News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Unicorn Tears

Started by cooder, March 06, 2019, 10:12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cooder

And don't we love some overdrive goodness...
Here's one built ob pedalpcb 'Pauper' pcb which is BuGG's take on Analogman 'Prince of Tone'.
Very nice sounds in there and great tweakability with internal DIP switchiness and pres trimmer.
I even had the 'magic' MA856 diodes to make the Unicorn more sparkly and weepy.

Acrylic face plate over laser decal, relay switching with 1776 finish line.

BigNoise Amplification

DLW

Wow! Very clean. Top mounted jacks in a 1590B is always an impressive feat. Did you have to notch the bottom plate to get it to fit around jacks?

Aleph Null

Nothing like magic diodes to make your overdrive more mythical! Are you using a plexiglass plate on the top of the enclosure?

midwayfair

How is the relay board mounted there?

cooder

Quote from: DLW on March 07, 2019, 05:08:11 AM
Wow! Very clean. Top mounted jacks in a 1590B is always an impressive feat. Did you have to notch the bottom plate to get it to fit around jacks?
It's a 125B which makes it a bit easier and no notching or tricks required, just measure twice drill once and hope for the best.
Quote from: Aleph Null on March 07, 2019, 10:30:53 AM
Nothing like magic diodes to make your overdrive more mythical! Are you using a plexiglass plate on the top of the enclosure?
Yep, acrylic faceplate on top. I did a little while ago a turorial on how I did that, I'll update that link in here in a sec.
Edit: Here we are:http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=28358.0

Quote from: midwayfair on March 07, 2019, 01:37:55 PM
How is the relay board mounted there?
The LED is glued in with epoxy, the relay board soldered onto that which gives it already a bit of hold, kinda floating, and then a small amount of epoxy holding the board on inner side of enclosure. Never gave me problems doing it like that. The epoxy seems enough to hold it reliably in place and can be forced off if needed for repairs or alterations.
BigNoise Amplification

brejna

That looks awesome! Love your style.