1776 Multiplex Echo Machine (SPST switch don´t want to work) S O L V E D !

Started by Ariosto, March 12, 2019, 04:48:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ariosto

Hi again,
I ended happily this wonderful delay two days ago, with modulation extra PCB included. Everything works fine, sound really great -I had some issues with the SW2 because it did not fit in my box. I must desolder the whole thing and resolder short wires in order to put somewhere else-. OK, the problem is that the temporary switch to achieve the "tape speed" effect don´t work. I measured resistance in the input of the PCB and pressed the switch and it is OK. So, no faulty switch apparently. If someone else had experienced and solved the problem, it would be nice to write me a message here to give me a helping hand.

Nice regards,
Ariosto

chongmagic

You will probably get more assistance if you post this in the 1776Effects support thread, and you will definitely need to post some pictures of the PCB and more information.

gtr2

There are some threads in the tech help section already, under the 1776 area of the forum.  It goes through some troubleshooting for the tape speed not working.

You didn't mention calibrating it.  Follow the link in the build document to calibrate it if you haven't completed that step.

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

Ariosto

Quote from: gtr2 on March 13, 2019, 11:25:06 AM
There are some threads in the tech help section already, under the 1776 area of the forum.  It goes through some troubleshooting for the tape speed not working.

You didn't mention calibrating it.  Follow the link in the build document to calibrate it if you haven't completed that step.

S O L V E D  !  I have found the answer in the post from another user! Must always connect a LED in "D2", otherwise the momentary switch does not work apparently. About calibration, I set the trimpot about 1/3 clockwise and it works OK. Do I need to make it anyway?

THANKS A LOT AGAIN!
Ariosto.

gtr2

Yeah, you have to have D2 populated.

Adjusting the trimpot will give the best results but if you are happy that's all that matters :)
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer