News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Radio Room Sustainer

Started by Timko, March 11, 2019, 08:36:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timko

Here's one of the 3 builds I'm finishing up this month.  This one is for a friend who wanted a Green Russian Big Muff with a mid boost on a footswitch.  He gets this, I get a Jazzmaster parts guitar.  Thanks to Kevin @ Aion Electronics for letting me know whether this made sense.  It sounds killer.  It's even got the old Green Russian mojo of 2 1nF caps in series to make a 500pF (because finding 500pF is much more difficult.

A few additional notes.  The name and the design come from a Russian watch company called Vostok.  They make incredibly functional automatic mechanical watches that last forever and are incredibly cheap (in the $100 range).  This design is for a Radio Room clock, which designates the time at which no chatter needs to happen over the radio in order to listen for distress signals. 

I also bought myself a new sanding block called a Preppin' Weapon, invented by guys who do automotive painting. And it sands beautifully.  For anyone who's gotten into enclosure etching this is something well worth the money. 

And I got boxes!  Now I just need to work on a sticker for them.  For now, writing on them by hand will work.  I stuffed them with pink bubble wrap from Tayda because I have tons of that stuff :).

flanagan0718

Looks great man! The overall design of this is very cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cooder

Most excellent, killer looks and what a great inspiration from that Russian watch!
So the md boost switch takes the tone control out or how does it work?
BigNoise Amplification

Leevibe

The theme and graphic of this is really cool! I love that watch face and the cool lore that goes with it. Really nice job!

Timko

Quote from: cooder on March 11, 2019, 04:34:17 PM
So the mid boost switch takes the tone control out or how does it work?

The mid boost changes the capacitor values in the tone portion of the circuit.

Martan

Love it! Especially the "tool tip" about the sander. There should be more of that in build reports. Thank you for sharing.

Marty