News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NAD: Mesa Boogie Mark V 25

Started by culturejam, March 14, 2019, 05:52:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

culturejam

I'm still not sure what the hell all the knobs and switches do, but so far I like it.  ;D

The way Mesa has things set up is definitely NOT like any other type of amp I've played.

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

fair.child

Now, get to play the Damage Control

pickdropper

Well, I'm a fan of my MkV:35, so it won't come as a surprise that I endorse this choice.  It is a bit more fiddly than most amps.  A lot more flexible, but very sensitive to settings.  It frustrates some folks, but it's very capable.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

jjjimi84

So f*cking cool! I haven't been able to try one out but the demos online sound great! Congratulations, You are going to love it.

As an avid Mesa fan boy, I feel l ike a lotof people's frustration comes from not reading the manual. It's not your typical "set ecerything at noon" kinda amp. Once you learn that the treble control is uber powerful and that setting stuff to almost off is common.

pickdropper

Quote from: jjjimi84 on March 15, 2019, 06:38:26 AM
So f*cking cool! I haven't been able to try one out but the demos online sound great! Congratulations, You are going to love it.

As an avid Mesa fan boy, I feel l ike a lotof people's frustration comes from not reading the manual. It's not your typical "set ecerything at noon" kinda amp. Once you learn that the treble control is uber powerful and that setting stuff to almost off is common.

I do think it's somewhat Mesa dependent as well.  I find my Trem-O-Verb is easy to dial in.  My Mk.V is significantly tweakier.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Leevibe

That looks intimidating and so cool! I would OCD out on something like that. I have a feeling I'd find my favorite setting and then I'd have to take a pic in case I ever lost it. I don't even like tilting my car seat forward because I'm afraid I won't get it back to that perfect spot.

mattc

Quote from: jjjimi84 on March 15, 2019, 06:38:26 AM

Agreed.  The best advice for anyone getting a new Mesa is to RTFM.

jjjimi84

I have the "easy" mesas and still refer to the manuals constantly. They are so versatile and sound great.

OP I look forward to hearing your opinions on it.

culturejam

The manual for this thing the is longest and most comprehensive one I've ever seen for a piece of music gear, including recording interfaces, digital multieffects, etc. It's insane!  ;D
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects