News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Clari(not) (Madbean Doombutter) tracking indicator led?

Started by Boba7, March 18, 2019, 05:07:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boba7

Hey guys!

I'm going to build myself a clean Clari(not) and I'm wondering if it'd be possible to wire a tracking indicator led. I got an enclosure with an additional hole that I'd like to use :D

The led coming out of the tracking pot is used in conjunction with the ldr, so I don't want to weaken it. And surely adding a series or parallel led will weaken it right? I haven't been thinking of electronics much lately, haven't been building too much, so I feel a bit confused! :)

The schematic's below. Any help is more than welcome!

Thanks a lot!

somnif

Could try running one on the LDR side of the pair? The change in resistance would vary the current the LED saw. Don't know how much voltage comes off pin 6 off the top of my head though (or what effect this would have on the effect in general).

Boba7

Thanks somnif! I would have to try, but I'm not sure it'd good to hook it up this way. I may be wrong

I'm thinking, if it's just cosmetic I could just take another 10uf from the lm386 output, going to an led with a 1k resistor in parallel. The led wouldn't vary with the tracking knob, but it'd do it. Or use a dual 1k pot and vary both the indicator led and tracking led in the same time... hmmm... :)

matmosphere

Boba7

Quote from: Matmosphere on March 18, 2019, 02:05:52 PM
Add a fuzz lift switch in the extra hole.

Already building a clean version, the signal isnt actually going through the lm386 but through a jfet buffer. The opamp only outputs the signal for the led

Thanks though! :)

matmosphere

I thought the signal needed to be boosted to trigger the envelope/fun.

Boba7

Quote from: Matmosphere on March 18, 2019, 02:20:08 PM
I thought the signal needed to be boosted to trigger the envelope/fun.

Oh yeah, the jfet buffer goes to the junction of R3 and R4 (dry signal and pt2399 input) but also to the lm386 input, so it still triggers the led/ldr. Doug Deeper talked about it on diystompboxes

Here's the schematic I'm working on. I'll probably also include a feedback pot.