News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Echo Base, FSH-1, Tap Tempo Tremolo

Started by p_wats, March 12, 2019, 09:09:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

p_wats

These are all boards I've had populated for a very long time (years) and finally made the effort to box up. These aren't intended for anyone else, so the guts aren't exactly wonderful.

Echo Base - Very old board (pre-musicPCB), so it's quirky and the circuit has been improved since, but I love the weirdness this has on tap. It's also gone through a lot of hacking on my part to make the newer mods work, so these guts are only for me to see.  ;)

Added the following:

• Option to switch between two delay times with a footswitch
  • Dry kill toggle
  • Square wave toggle for the modulation
  • Extra jack on the front for an optional footswitch to engage a version of the "dub madness" runaway repeats mod

Maestro FSH-1 - This one almost went in the trash several times. I originally built it years ago, but harvested it for parts in a fit of desperation and left it in a ziplock bag for later. Later is now.

• Added a blend pot, as per some old threads, but didn't like how it seemed to let through some ticking, so I ended up tacking on a buffered blend circuit instead.
  • I also disconnected the S/H section when not in use (though in a different spot than the Sharkfin docs suggested, as I hadn't read them until after)
  • Added the "droop" toggle based on some old threads, as it adds some fun weirdness

Lots of trouble getting this going in a state that I was happy enough with and it still seems temperamental, but I'm over it. The blend knob means I can dial in the weirdest filter settings and have them sit behind my clean signal, which is fun.

Tap Tempo Tremolo - Pretty painless build. I just have other trems I like, so I took a while to get around to it. The tap function is fun to use with synths etc. though.

This almost takes care of my list of half-finished builds, now I just need to do something with the drawers full of PCBs I've collected over the years.  :o

Aleph Null

That early 90's aesthetic is totally radical!

nzCdog

Quote from: Aleph Null on March 13, 2019, 01:34:44 PM

This! Love the style... nice work

p_wats

Quote from: Aleph Null on March 13, 2019, 01:34:44 PM

Ha. Thanks! I hadn't even thought of that when I was painting these (for some reason I have a pile of yellow and orange enclosures in my stash that lend themselves to these top colours).

Quote from: nzCdog on March 13, 2019, 05:25:54 PM
This! Love the style... nice work

Thanks!

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

selfdestroyer

Loving the aesthetics of these! Great job!

p_wats

Quote from: culturejam on March 14, 2019, 09:21:27 AM
Awesome!

Quote from: selfdestroyer on March 16, 2019, 10:57:52 PM
Loving the aesthetics of these! Great job!

Thanks! I'm loving those slightly smaller knobs on the delay from Tayda.