News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The NurkDrive

Started by pickdropper, March 23, 2019, 06:34:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pickdropper

This was commissioned by a former TGP member who got banned for salty language (Nurk suffers no fools).  The graphics depict a typical Nurkian rant.

Anyway, he wanted an LBP-1 + TS + Rat.  I ended up going with the Clay Jones TS variant because I think it sounds better (he seems to agree).  The Rat is a 4-knob Rat with a clipper switch.

It took me a handful of rounds on the board, but I'm finally happy with it.  It's actually a pretty awesome combination of circuits.

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

EBK

Pretty awesome.  Would be fun to do something like this with the only censorship being knob/washer/LED placement.   ;D
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

pickdropper

Quote from: EBK on March 23, 2019, 07:16:04 AM
Pretty awesome.  Would be fun to do something like this with the only censorship being knob/washer/LED placement.   ;D

Yeah, the text would likely need to be bigger for that, but it could work.
Function f(x)

mjg

peAk

So awesome.

How are your graphics done on your pedals?

I notice you have white text on black. Looks like a plate but not sure.

jjjimi84

Absolutely on fire! Such a cool build, as a timid tgper i understand his sentiments.

jubal81

Very slick. I bet he loves it.

Why'd you decide on a combined PCB?
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

cooder

Hey you, I bet designing the face plate felt pretty safe and smug from the safety of your keyboard, right?
(insert hyperlink to meme of 'old man waving at passing cloud'...)

;)
BigNoise Amplification

pickdropper

Quote from: jubal81 on March 23, 2019, 09:59:11 PM
Very slick. I bet he loves it.

Why'd you decide on a combined PCB?

Usually for multis, I just use the existing mini PCBs (as you may have seen).  I'd wanted to do a larger TS + Rat board for a while, and this is such a good combination of circuits, that I decided to do a combined PCB so I could use PCB mount pots and LEDs.  I've already got 6 of them committed (including one for me) and I may offer them up as completed builds in the future, so I wanted to make the assembly a little less miserable.
Function f(x)

pickdropper

Quote from: cooder on March 23, 2019, 10:30:24 PM
Hey you, I bet designing the face plate felt pretty safe and smug from the safety of your keyboard, right?
(insert hyperlink to meme of 'old man waving at passing cloud'...)

;)

Well, not everybody could handle the raw, salty language of the original NurkDrive, so a customer specifically requested a NurkDrive SE (Snowflake Edition). 

Function f(x)

diablochris6

Sounds like a great selection of circuits. I would play that bad boy in church.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

pickdropper

Quote from: diablochris6 on March 24, 2019, 01:45:59 PM

Nurk does, actually.

So far, nobody has noticed the graphics.
Function f(x)

playpunk

Quote from: pickdropper on March 24, 2019, 04:29:33 PM
Quote from: diablochris6 on March 24, 2019, 01:45:59 PM

Nurk does, actually.

So far, nobody has noticed the graphics.

I'm glad I'm not the only church player who can be a little salty. Working around cops, and people accused of crimes, and other lawyers isn't a great environment for clean language.

TGP is kinda a cesspool of stupidity.
"my legend grows" - playpunk

Leevibe

That is a beautiful pedal, beautifully executed. Funny that your buddy is so obsessed with the word "fank."  ;D