News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Rustbucket 2019

Started by Bio77, March 24, 2019, 10:20:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bio77

Finally got this one finished.  I really love this pedal, It's a lot of fun.  The enclosure is polished metal with a no film decal.  I used right angle PCB mount pots.  I wasn't sure from the build docs that that would work.  It seemed like a trap, but it was fine. 

Tone Ventâ„¢

lrgaraujo

jimilee

Very cool. Anything with skeletons on it his super badass, right? I'm a sucker for them. I have mostly sugar skulls, Anyway, that's badass, how do you like it, and what do you use it for? I have one to build, and I scored the previous model built recently as well.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Bio77

Thanks everyone.

Quote from: jimilee on March 24, 2019, 06:32:03 PM
Very cool. Anything with skeletons on it his super badass, right? I'm a sucker for them.

Agreed, I know they are cheesy, but I can't help myself.

Quote from: jimilee on March 24, 2019, 06:32:03 PM
how do you like it, and what do you use it for? I have one to build, and I scored the previous model built recently as well.

I really like this pedal.  It might get some use in my band, but even if not, it's a lot of fun to noodle around on (guitar BTW, haven't tried it on bass).  I built a Naughty Fish that is in that category.  Having some weird pedals for practicing has led me to some cool parts that have ended up in the band.

TGP39

Really great job inside and out.  That no film decal paper is worth looking into. 
-Steve. 
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

cooder

Stellar and super look with the decal! Good on ya for persisting with it and thanks for sharing all the experience with the method!
BigNoise Amplification

flanagan0718

This looks fantastic! I'm working on my build and it's good to see the right angle pots work. Great job inside and out.

Also...I see what you did there "seemed like a trap", well done.

-Mike-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yahoo67

Thats a sweet ass tone vent !

Martan

Love it! The swirly pot labels are great, and the tone vent is a must :) Very fun pedal when dialed in. Great job!

trailer

Bio77

Thanks everyone!

I would like to add, for those currently building, mine seems to have too much gain to get a good blend with the clean signal.  I have the gain trimmer set to it's minimum.  I'm planning to bump the trimmer up to a 20k to see if that helps or try a larger value at R62. 

nzCdog

Love it.  That skeleton graphic is fun... Congrats