News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Lone Wolf Audio Overdose Overdrive (or Overlord?) & Dead Astronaut FX Chasm

Started by trailer, March 26, 2019, 07:38:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Here a couple of builds I finished over the weekend...

This is the second LWA Overdose I have put together. The first was in a massive enclosure and was my first working build. For this one I shoved everything into an enclosure half the size. I was encouraged not to attempt this but came out working great, even if it isn't pretty. For the transistors I used BC182's instead of the metal cap 2N2222a(?) that Joe from LWA uses and am much happier with the results. It's not as "soul crushing" as Joe puts it.

I have wanted to build a reverb pedal for a while and got this board six months ago. For various reasons, mostly laziness, this build kept getting pushed to the side. A few weeks ago a friend of a friend found out I was on the DIY train and asked me to build a spacey reverb for him so he ended up with the pedal. I really liked playing this one and will probably get another for myself sooner or later. Next time I will use a smaller box though.

I finally feel like I'm understanding the basics of building even though I don't get to spend a lot of time with the hobby. Much thanks to this board and all its members for all the help you've provided me thus far.

note: I'm open to some other reverb options out there for my next reverb pedal.

alanp

"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Leevibe

mjg

Wow - what technique did you use for the circle graphics?  Looks great!

trailer

Quote from: mjg on March 26, 2019, 02:21:46 PM
Wow - what technique did you use for the circle graphics?  Looks great!

My lady friend traced some circles on the base paint layer and painted over them. Simple as that. I say simple... Had I tried to do the art in this manner it would have looked like a cave man painted it.

nzCdog