News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NAD: Mesa Boogie Mark IIC+

Started by fair.child, March 26, 2019, 10:26:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fair.child

I blame CJ for this lol!!! Poor Man Dumble!

Rockhorst

I've always found it funny that, certainly by today's standards, these amps look very classy, vintage and modest yet they produce some of the best metal tones ever recorded.

nzCdog

Woo!  Bring the chugging riffs 8)

fair.child

Yes, it is a score for me to know I have this amp now. Petrucci tone at max!

culturejam

Congrats! Those are such awesome amps.

Quote from: fair.child on March 26, 2019, 10:26:59 PM
I blame CJ for this lol!!!

I'll gladly take the blame for this.  ;D

Quote from: Rockhorst on March 27, 2019, 01:37:37 AM
I've always found it funny that, certainly by today's standards, these amps look very classy, vintage and modest yet they produce some of the best metal tones ever recorded.

The look says "Grandma's wicker furniture", but the tone says "Satan".  8)
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

pickdropper

That's a great score.  I bet it sounds massive.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

fair.child

Just ordered two notes torpedo Captor for silent recording. It's gonna be great amp for playing at the church. Easter is coming and I'll play 15 songs at least and this amp is gonna be my main amp and going to direct in house using captor. Plus I'll bring my mega pedal. I won't use any of my mega pedal drive instead just do modulation and delay.

jkokura

I love that old Mesa look. It's crazy how it seems like a 'country' amp, and yet it's been the sound on soooo many influential metal albums.

I think my dream amp is the Mesa Mark Five:25. It's got some of the same sound as that IIC but with more features that I'd use.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

pickdropper

Quote from: jkokura on March 28, 2019, 08:25:30 PM
I love that old Mesa look. It's crazy how it seems like a 'country' amp, and yet it's been the sound on soooo many influential metal albums.

I think my dream amp is the Mesa Mark Five:25. It's got some of the same sound as that IIC but with more features that I'd use.

Jacob

I think you'd dig it, Jacob.  I have a Mark V:35 (and Forrest recently grabbed a Mark V:25).  I wouldn't say it's a direct stand-in for the IIC, but it's a very flexible amp that sounds very good.  I actually have been spending more time on the Mark IV mode lately, but it does vary (which is the nice thing about the flexibility of the amp).
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

jjjimi84

Quote from: fair.child on March 28, 2019, 08:06:03 PM
Just ordered two notes torpedo Captor for silent recording. It's gonna be great amp for playing at the church. Easter is coming and I'll play 15 songs at least and this amp is gonna be my main amp and going to direct in house using captor. Plus I'll bring my mega pedal. I won't use any of my mega pedal drive instead just do modulation and delay.

Any chance of recording it? I would love to hear what a mark IIc and the mega pedal sound like! Just has to be massive!

fair.child

I'll do record it with iPhoneX and direct with load box. My Captor should come tonight and excited to play around with it.

jalmonsalmon

Information is not knowledge
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is THE BEST . .

jjjimi84

Quote from: fair.child on March 29, 2019, 12:45:22 PM
I'll do record it with iPhoneX and direct with load box. My Captor should come tonight and excited to play around with it.

Any updates on the captor/mesa pairing?

fair.child

WIP (Work In Progress) I have been too busy with preamp project but this weekend I should be able to do it. Sorry for the wait, bud!

fair.child

This one is straight from Captor, no post processing, just straight from load box, cab sim on (load box), and Mark IIC+

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/swirl-effects/mark-iic-with-torpedo-captor[/soundcloud]

Another video recording from iPhone X, no pedals, just straight amp, and load box. I hook this up to 2x12 Cab from Rivera with Celestion V30. Very nice and tight sounding. Get the feel of Images and Words pretty close.

This one is silent recording using Wall Of Sound Plug-In.

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/swirl-effects/mesa-boogie-mark-iic-with-captor-wall-of-sound[/soundcloud]

This is the setup for Wall Of Sound

Overall, pretty neat. If you see on my first and second recording, try to compare both. The second with Thiele simulated I did intentionally lower the volume to see the mid response and it did a really great job simulating like real Thiele speaker. I'm very impressed with Captor because without post-processing it sounds sooooo good.

I think it's definitely a great buy for tube amps owner. I can go direct or use attenuated speaker out at the same time. The -20db attenuation might not be a lot but it helps during recording or small gig session.