News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Helium OD / Palisades

Started by wstimson, March 28, 2019, 04:50:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wstimson

Surprisingly enough, this is my first tubescreamer pedal of any kind.  Not sure why I never built one before, but this one is pretty great.

The board is from m-Kresol and is a fantastic layout.  Thanks again!

Bonus point to anyone that recognizes the robot.  :-)

Not sure I'm happy with the knobs, but they're all I had that matched and fit at the time.  Probably switch them out next time I place an order.

Pretty pleased with how the etch turned out on this one.  I had some struggles getting the transfer to work the last couple times, but tried some new paper that worked much, much better.  :-)

m-Kresol

Turned out great! Happy to see that someone built it and even more so that you like the sound (credit for that isn't mine at all, but I take it as a bonus).
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Timko

GREAT looking etch.  I am a big fan of geometric shapes around controls.  The work around the bandwidth and clipping controls.

Also, 50+ completed and boxed builds in, and I still have yet to build a Tube Screamer.

wstimson

Quote from: Timko on March 28, 2019, 05:51:21 PM
GREAT looking etch.  I am a big fan of geometric shapes around controls.  The work around the bandwidth and clipping controls.

Also, 50+ completed and boxed builds in, and I still have yet to build a Tube Screamer.

Thanks... though, most of the etch mask/design was just lifted straight from m-Kresol's art/drill template, so I can't take credit for that. 
I just changed the font on the labels and added robots.

Adam_DIY

Looks great and you've just reminded me I have one of these to build.  God knows when I'll get to it.

Timko

Quote from: wstimson on March 28, 2019, 06:22:34 PM
Quote from: Timko on March 28, 2019, 05:51:21 PM

Thanks... though, most of the etch mask/design was just lifted straight from m-Kresol's art/drill template, so I can't take credit for that. 
I just changed the font on the labels and added robots.

Adding robots is always a good idea.

Tremster

wstimson

Quote from: m-Kresol on March 28, 2019, 05:15:29 PM
Turned out great! Happy to see that someone built it and even more so that you like the sound (credit for that isn't mine at all, but I take it as a bonus).

Thank you!  You did a great job on the layout and art/drill template.  It was very easy to get this together and up and running.  I appreciate it!

TGP39

Love this layout and that etch is superb!

Felix,   How can we get one of these boards?
It looks fantastic.   

-Steve.
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

jjjimi84

Great etch! The whole thing looks fantastic. I know the robot from somewhere, it's itching at my brain and driving me crazy.

wstimson

Quote from: jjjimi84 on March 29, 2019, 12:31:15 PM
Great etch! The whole thing looks fantastic. I know the robot from somewhere, it's itching at my brain and driving me crazy.

It from the disc art on Astro Creep 2000.

jjjimi84

Quote from: wstimson on March 29, 2019, 04:38:02 PM
Quote from: jjjimi84 on March 29, 2019, 12:31:15 PM

It from the disc art on Astro Creep 2000.

Ahhh, that is where I remember seeing it. What a great album!

m-Kresol

Quote from: TGP39 on March 29, 2019, 07:21:45 AM

It looks fantastic.   

-Steve.

I did a batch of 10 boards or so when I finished the layout and sold them once verified. Unfortunately, I don't have any left. If there's more interested I can have another batch made.

Quote from: wstimson on March 28, 2019, 08:34:25 PM
Quote from: m-Kresol on March 28, 2019, 05:15:29 PM

Thank you!  You did a great job on the layout and art/drill template.  It was very easy to get this together and up and running.  I appreciate it!

Thanks. I appreciate the nice feedback
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Aentons

Cool... what do all the dip switches do?

TGP39

Quote from: m-Kresol on March 29, 2019, 07:18:15 PM
Quote from: TGP39 on March 29, 2019, 07:21:45 AM

It looks fantastic.   

-Steve.

I did a batch of 10 boards or so when I finished the layout and sold them once verified. Unfortunately, I don't have any left. If there's more interested I can have another batch made.

I know I would be in for a few boards.    Any interest from other members on this amazing layout?
-Steve
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.